Friday 25 May 2012

INTERVIEW WITH A PROFESSIONAL TENNIS PLAYER: CARLOS DIVAR, a student and a sportsman


Carlos Divar (right, in a white T-shirt) with Marco (left) at I.E.S. Los Pacos



Carlos Divar is a student at Los Pacos High School who came last year from the north of Spain to continue his career as a tennis player here, since he wanted to work with a reputed coacher who works in a sports centre in this area.Marco Apolo Pulpillo, a student of 2º year,  has interviewed him for this blog.


Marco: How old were you when you started to do tennis?
Carlos:When I was 5 years old; one day I was playing "frontón" and a lady saw me and she told me to do tennis.  So I joined a tennis school in my town...
Marco: Does it prove very difficult to you to complement tennis with your studies?
Carlos:Yes, it is difficult for me because sometimes I am in a tournament and I have exams and I may have to travel to another country or city...
Marco: What efforts have you had to do to succeed in both things?
Carlos: I practise every day for 3 hours and when I finish, I go home and I do all my homework. When I finish, I have dinner and then I study. I go to sleep at 00:00 hours at night
Marco: What do you think of coming here to FUENGIROLA to continue your sports career?
Carlos:It has been a very good decision because I'm becoming much better in tennis and in the school too. This year I have won the Spanish Championship in 14-year-old level.
Marco: Where do you want to get to?
Carlos: I want to be in the TOP TEN list.
Marco: Do you miss the people that you left in Vitoria?
Carlos: Yes, I miss my friends, my tennis partners there and my family...
Marco: Is your family proud of what you are achieving?
Carlos: Yes, they are
Marco: Where did you win the first tennis prize?
Carlos: In the first tournament I played...



3 comments:

Cengiz said...

Hi guys,
First of all thanks for the interview Marco,
After I read this, I believe with all of my hearth that Carlos is going to be better than all players;especially, Rafael Nadal ;).Of course, you need much more practise. My advise to you is please don't give up fighting with lessons. Because, at the end you will be successful from all aspects.
Best Wishes from Turkey

Anonymous said...

Best wishes from 8th grade of Yaramış, we are glad to know a kind of sportman like you.
Have a nice,healthy and successful life...
Turkey

Tiina said...

Well done, Carlos! Thank you Marco for interviewing this young talent!