Monday 19 March 2012


                                                   The flag of Finland

The flag of Finland, also known as Blue Cross Flag was taken to use on the 29th of May in 1918. The flag is based on the Scandinavian cross which represents Christianity.
The cross which is blue represents our country’s thousand lakes as well as the blue sky. White backround represents snow. The colours were chosen to show the importance of nature to Finnish people.

Pinja Parviainen and Pinja Ruuhinen 9B
Kuusankoski, Finland

7 comments:

Cengiz said...

It was good to know all of these things about Finland and Finnish people. I hope we will find out more also in future work.
Thanks Pinja Parviainen and Pinja Ruuhinen
All the best
Cengiz Ağlar

Anonymous said...

We are Tayyip,Ahmet,Ertuğrul and Meryem. We read your work and we find it excellent!
Yaramış,TURKEY

Anonymous said...

We are Nurullah,Mevlüde,Muhammed,Mehmet and Gamze. We like the flag very much. Superb! Bravo! Congratulations!
Yaramış,TURKEY

Anonymous said...

I think it is very interesting to know what the colours represent. Well done. It was very interesting to learn more about your flag. Sacha Andersen. 2ºA

Anonymous said...

I think that the story of the colours is very nice, because I'm Swedish and I know how wonderful Scandinavia is... Yasmina Lucena Wallin, 2ºA

Anonymous said...

I read your information and I thought it was very interesting. Good job! Mariell Murray, 2ºA

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm Román, a student of a Spanish school, I like the Finnish flag because I like the colours. Good luck! Román, 2ºA